Increase your happiness using these 5 simple tricks!
- Enough sleep leads to a better mood. A dark, cool room with enough fresh air is an ideal environment for an excellent night's sleep.
- Go for the sun. If you see the sun appearing through the clouds outside, make time to enjoy it. We desperately need vitamin D to prevent depression.
- Hug your loved ones. Everybody needs a serious hug sometime. The warmth of a touch releases the hug hormone oxytocin, making you feel safe and cared for.
- Laugh. As much as you can! If you laugh you feel relaxed. It has also been proven that laughing lowers your blood pressure and your heartbeat. The effect of a laugh may even be compared to using ant depressives. Smile at people you don't know and they will smile at you. Search for the sound of a laughing baby on YouTube and that will definitely stimulate your laugh muscles.
- Shake all your muscles loose. A little dance, on the dance floor or while vacuuming, will release endorphins. And you know what: these are nature's painkillers for your brain. So turn on your favorite music!