1. 1 General terms and conditions
1. Holders of a club membership have unlimited acces to the club facilities. Reservations are always required for racket sports and group sessions. Holders of an all-in membership can also follow a group tennis lesson once a week.
1.1 Children under the age of 15 who also want to follow these group tennis lessons have to pay a surcharge.
1.2 Those who want to follow more than one group tennis lesson per week will have to pay a surcharge.
1.3 Reservations for these group lessons can be made at the reception.
1.4 These group lessons will take place according to the availability of internal facilities.
2. All payments are made via bancontact, credit card or cash. This only at the counter.
3. Joining and / or membership fees will not be refunded. Except in case of death or moving to a distance of more than 30km.
4. Membership cards are issued to all members and serve to obtain access to the club. Cards are not transferable. Use of cards by an unauthorized member will lead to the expulsion of the corresponding owner. This without refund of joining and membership fee.
5. Opening times, sessions and activities can be amended at all times without prior notice.
6. Every member must have their identity card scanned at the counter.
7. We offer different forms of subscriptions and multi-thermae cards. More info can be obtained at the reception.
8. Membership fees can de amended at all times. Price changes will always be subject to a notice period.
9. Payments for 12 months via standing order are automatically renewed on a monthly basis. If the membership is not to be extended, thermae sports must be informed by registered post. This registered letter must be in the possession of the club 1 month before the membership expires. After receipt of this registered letter the subsequent month is considered as the cancellation month.
10. Monthly membership fees through standing order will be requested at the beginning of the relevant month. If the payment is refused for any reason, the payment will be made at the reception at the first visit of the relevanth month.
11. In case of an involuntary absence or of illness, the member can submit a doctor’s note. The note must reach the club in the first week of inability. The period of absence will be renewed when membership expires. This must be a period of at least 14 consecutive days. In case of payment by direct debit, a pro-rata basis will be drafted for the following period. During the period of absence access to the club will not be allowed.
12. Members under the age of 18 are the responsibility of their parents or guardian.
13. Children under the age of 15 cannot be members without at least 1 parent, grandparent or guardian being a member. These persons must be present in the club when the child takes part in activities.
14. Persons under the age of 16 are to adhere to legal restrictions, as laid down by the alcohol license of the club.
15. Members must behave courteously towards each other and not use offensive or defamatory language.
16. Smoking is not allowed in the club.
17. Il est interdit de porter des signes religieux.
18. It is strongly advised not to leave items unattended anywhere in the entire building.
19. The club bears no responsibility for loss of money or personal property of members or guests. The club is also not responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles of members of guests parked on the club’s premises.
20. Members must park their vehicle in the parking bays provided. Unlawfully parked vehicles will be removed.
21. Members are responsible for their property and will observe all rules and regulations of the club. Membership can be suspended or revoked if the conduct of the member is unreasonable or fails to conform to the rules and regulations of the club.
22. The management reserves the right to refuse or deny access to specific guests/members.
23. Each member agrees to participate in club activities at their own risk. In case of absence and/or negligence of the club, supervisors, staff or other agents, the member accepts their non-liability for any damage sustained. Such damage is not limited to injuries, but also includes death as a result of activities undertaken in the club.
24. The club reserves the right to use one or more sections of the club for special events 5 times per year. The occupied sections will not be available to members during these times.
1. The courts are accessed by players.
2. Only members can use the courts. Prior registration at the counter is required.
3. Reservations can be made via the website www.tennisvlaanderen.be.
4. Children under the age of 15 do not have access to the terrains after 18.00.
5. A court can be reserved from one week in advance.
6. If playing singles, it is necessary to enter two names. In case of doubles, it is necessary to enter 4 names.
7. When playing singles reserving two courts in succession is not permitted. If after the reserved hour a court is free, a second court may be booked. This should be registered at the counter first.
8. When playing doubles, reserving two courts in succession is permitted. Four first and surnames must be provided.
9. Cancellation of a court must be done in advance.
10. If a member has not occupied the reserved court after 15 minutes, the club has the right to make the court available to another member.
11. Private lessons are to be agreed through the instructor. A ‘private lessons card’ must be purchased at the counter prior to the session. A ‘private lessons card’ is valid for one year from the date of purchase. A charge of 50% will be made for cancellations without a doctor’s note made between 48 hrs and 24 hrs in advance and 100% when made within less than 24 hrs. No refund is anticipated for the cancellation of a private lesson.
12. It is strictly forbidden to give private lessons without permission from the club.
13. The club retains the right to reserve courts for tournaments and other social activities.
14. Tennis hall, tennis courts & padel courts:
14.1 Members must always wear appropriate shoes with a clean sole, which means smooth soles without gravel.
14.2 Tennis players may not pass directly from the outside courts to the tennis hall.
14.3 The courts must be swept after every playing hour with the drag net provided.
14.4 Drinks, food and smoking are not allowed on the courts.
1. The gym and hall for group sessions are not accessible for those under the age of 15 unless for medical reasons proven with a medical certificat and with an adjusted membership.
2. The timetable for group sessions is subject to change. Every change is at the discretion of the club and does not require additional communication.
3. Members are responsible for monitoring their condition when taking part in activities at the club. When noticing unusual symptoms, the member must immediately:
3.1 Refrain from any participation in activity, unless otherwise directed.
3.2 Inform an instructor about the symptoms experienced.
4. All new members are encouraged to make an appointment with the fitness instructors, in order to obtain a fitness analysis and have an adequate and safe training schedule prescribed.
4.1 A specific training schedule is prepared based on the objectives and information provided by the member.
4.2 The member must inform the fitness instructors of subsequent changes in the information originally provided.
4.3 In some cases, the fitness instructors may require additional medical information from the gp of the member, in order to propose a safe and proper training schedule. In which case the member will bear the cost of obtaining the requirement written medical information from the gp.
4.4 The training schedule is designed to gradually increase the activity of the heart and the respiratory system. However, the response of the heart and the respiratory system to the training schedule cannot be forecast with accuracy. Members accept there is a risk of adverse effects during or after training sessions.
4.5 The training schedule includes exercises. These exercises may include walking, jogging, cycling, climbing stairs, rowing, aerobics and power training. The program is designed with a gradual increase in activity of the body in order to increase the general fitness level.
5. Sports wear and sport shoes must be worn in the fitness centre. Shoes must have clean, non-marking soles. It is also strictly forbidden to enter the fitness centre in slippers.
6. It is not permitted to bring sport bags into the gym.
7. It is not permitted to train bare chested or on bare feet.
8. A towel must be used on exercise equipment, mats and benches. After use the equipment must be wiped clean with the cleaning products available in the hall.
9. During a break in a session, equipment should, if possible, be released for use by other members.
10. Weight discs must be returned to the appropriate racks after use.
11. Clamps must be used at all times on dumbbells.
12. Jumping from treadmills is strictly forbidden. These must first have come to a full stop.
13. To increase the intensity settings of equipment not in use by yourself is strictly forbidden.
14. Group sessions:
14.1 The number of participants is limited according to the session.
14.2 Reservations can be made 1 day before the start of the lesson on our website www.thermae.com and/or on the reservation computers in the entrance hall and fitness.
1.4 Changing rooms:
1. Wearing shoes when entering the wet zones (white tiles), such as showers, toilets, corridors and pool, is not permitted.
2. Members are requested to dry themselves in the wet zone and respect the comfort of everyone in the dry zone (grey tiles).
1. At our wellness facilities, we only allow men to wear swimming pants; swimming trunks or underwear are not allowed.
2. To provide members the opportunity to relax, silence and discretion should be observed.
3. The saunas are mixed. Wearing of a swimwear and use of bath towels is compulsory.
4. The hamam is mixed. Wearing of swimwear is required, but not a towel.
5. Poring water or any other product on the stoves in the saunas is not permitted.
6. Showering is compulsory before and after use of the sauna and hamam.
7. The pool has a constant depth of 1.30m. It is treated with ph chlorine and uv lamps (to reduce the use of chlorine). It is heated up to +/- 30°c.
8. Diving or jumping into the pool is not permitted.
9. Food and drink are not allowed.
10. Showering before entering the pool is compulsory.
11. In case of use of the bathroom, a shower is required before re-entering the pool.
12. Entering through the foot-bath is compulsory.
13. Ball games are not allowed.
14. Children under the age of 12 should always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
15. Children under the age of 15 will only have access to the pool on wednesdays between 12.00 and 18.00 and sat/sun from 9.00 to 18.00. During school holidays also on mon/wed/fri from 12.00 to 18.00.
16. Swimming is not allowed during aqua gym and floatfit sessions.
2 Privacy Statement
2.1 Purposes of the processing
Thermae.com collects and processes customers’ personal data for customer and order management (customer administration, order/delivery follow-up, invoicing, solvency follow-up, and the sending of marketing and personalised advertising. More specifically, this concerns processing the last and first name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, mother tongue and address from the client. These data are only processed for the (marketing) purposes stated in this privacy statement.
2.2 Legal foundation for the processing
Personal data is processed based on Article 6.1.
(b) required for the implementation of an agreement;
of the General Data Protection Act.
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place based on Article 6.1. a) (consent), customers always have the right to withdraw the given consent.
The customers’ personal data will only be processed for internal marketing goals inside Thermae.com (for example the sending of the newsletter) and they will only be transferred to external partners who assist Thermae.com in stocking and safeguarding these data and to realise other purposes, for example to be able to book tennis courts which is a procedure that works via an external partner.
2.3 Transfer to third parties
If required to achieve the set purposes, the customers’ personal data will be shared with other companies within the European Economic Area, which are linked directly or indirectly with Thermae.com or with any other partner of Thermae.com.
Thermae.com guarantees that these recipients will take the necessary technical and organisational measures for the protection of personal data.
2.4 Retention period
Personal data processed for customer management will be stored for the time necessary to satisfy legal requirements (in terms of bookkeeping, among others).
2.5 Right to inspection, improvement, deletion, limitation, objection and transferability of personal data
The customer has at all times the right to inspect their personal data and can have it improved/improve it should it be incorrect or incomplete, have it removed, limit its processing an object to the processing of their personal data based on Article 6.1 (f), including profiling based on said provisions.
Furthermore, the customer is entitled to obtain a copy (in a structured, standard and mechanically readable form) of their personal data and to have said personal data forwarded to another company.
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, the customer is requested to:
Send an email the following address: email@example.com.
2.6 Direct marketing
The customer is entitled to object free of charge to the processing of any processing of their personal data aimed at direct marketing.
The customer has the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Protection Commission (35 Rue de la Presse, 1000 Brussels - firstname.lastname@example.org).
3 Cookies statement
3.1 What are cookies?
In compliance with the law, we are allowed to store cookies on your device if they are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. For all other kinds of cookies, we need your agreement.
This website uses different kinds of first and third party cookies.
necessary cookies help to improve the usability of a website by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to restricted areas of a website. Without these cookies, the website would not be able to work properly.
functional cookies remember your preferences and earlier visits to the website. This serves for example to remember your language settings and to maintain the link to your shopping basket.
analytical cookies serve to store statistics of the website for the website owners. Google Analytics for example can measure the number of visitors and what browser they used.
the tracking cookies that are used on this website are Google Analytics and a Facebook pixel. They enable the possibility to show advertisements of Thermae.com to visitors of this website on other online platforms.
3.2 What happens when I disable cookies?
Thanks to cookies, the advertisements you see online are better personalized to your interests. If you disable cookies, you will still get to see advertisements, but they will no longer be personalized according to your surfing behavior online. If you disable cookies that remember your preference settings, you will need to write your passwords, log in and language settings every time you access your account. You can refuse to accept cookies on this website after which you will not receive personalized advertisements of Thermae.com. You can also (de)activate cookies in your browser settings.