Swimwear or naked, the never-ending discussion. Since Thermae Boetfort wants to offer both groups the enjoyment of wellness, the castle domain has been divided into two separate sections. Regular sauna visits boost your resistance, improve the blood circulation and stimulate sweating, which refreshes the moisture reserves. During weekends, there are several sauna rituals in the bathing suit section for you to take part in: an Aufguss session in the Light Therapy Sauna and a scrubbing session in the hammam area.
In addition to the three different saunas, there are numerous other wellness options, such as a unique relaxation bath in the former wine cellar, a Laconium with medical infrared therapy, a swimming pool, jacuzzis and more!
For hygiene reasons, only short and tight-fit swimsuits are allowed, ladies can choose between a bathing suit and a bikini. Still up for a visit to the nude section? No problem. With your entry ticket, you have access to both thermal bath sections, provided that you respect the rules.
The sauna has an average temperature of 65°C.
This unique sauna has been custom-made for Thermae Boetfort. The kelo wood absorbs the heat and then gently radiates it again. Our in-house artist has turned this sauna into a real gem.
- The walls form a beautiful painting.
- You can reach the entrance via a walking bridge.
- Your body must always rest completely on a towel.
The sauna’s temperature is 70°C.
Green is a soothing colour, it gives you self-confidence and strength. In turn, blue has a refreshing effect and reduces insomnia. Red is a powerful colour, it charges your energy levels and improves your blood circulation. And finally, yellow has a positive influence on your mood.
- Colour therapy has been used for centuries for balancing body and mind.
- Each colour influences the aura differently.
- Every Saturday and Sunday at 18h00, you can participate in our Aufguss sessions in this sauna.
The sauna’s temperature is 55°C.
Thanks to the heat and the mellow sounds, you can find complete peace of mind in this sauna. The music helps you to let go of all your worries and enter a deep state of relaxation. With its 55°C, Music Sauna is also one of the mildest saunas, a perfect start to your day of wellness.
- The loungers are custom-made for unique comfort.
- After the sauna session, you can relax in the adjacent relaxation area.
- At 55°C, this is the ideal sauna to start or end your day of wellness.
In an infrared sauna, you perspire sooner than in a regular sauna. Therefore, your body is submitted to a real cardiovascular workout. The advantages are numerous: your condition and your sleeping pattern improve, muscle aches diminish and your skin is completely radiant again!
- The infrared sauna is located on the terrace of the bathing suit section.
- You are seated between two panels, so that both the front and the back receive the radiation.
- Behind each panel, there is a switch for turning on the infrared sauna.
The relaxation bath is one of the unique places where you can experience the history of the castle. You are relaxing in the former wine cellar. The floor consists of loungers, so that you can lay back and dream away in the warm water, enjoying the light therapy to the fullest.
- The relaxation bath is located in the former wine cellar of the castle.
- It is a place where you can enjoy light-therapy.
- The baths are completely submersed, perfect for letting go of all the stress.
There are three main differences with a regular, dry sauna: the temperature is much lower, the humidity is much higher and you don’t sit on a towel, but directly on stone benches. The steam opens your pores, allowing toxins to be more easily expelled through sweating.
- The temperature is a lot lower than in a sauna.
- The humidity is a lot higher than in the sauna.
- Use the water hose to clean the bench before sitting down.
Footbath with Heated Benches
By warming up your body from the feet upwards, you not only improve your heart condition, but the blood also runs better through your legs, belly, head, and back down again. This provides your body with fresh oxygen and on the way back it improves the disposal of toxins.
- The heat impulses stimulate your neural pathways and thus, several organs too.
- Wear your bathrobe. This will make your body perspire and the toxins will have an easier way out.
- Symptoms such as headache, irritability and insomnia are reduced.
Medical infrared panels do not emit red rays, so they are invisible to the human eye. Just like regular infrared panels, they have a beneficial effect on the body. Your muscles warm up, which helps them to relax and relieves muscle pain.
- In the Laconium, there are medical infrared panels.
- These infrared panels do not emit red light, so they are not visible.
- You are seated on a towel on the stone benches.
Warm water forms an ideal relaxation therapy. An additional advantage of the jacuzzi are the massage heads that loosen up your tense muscles again. Moreover, the warmth makes your heart beat faster, improving the pumping of oxygen through your body and subsequently helping your body to recover faster.
- The jacuzzis’ temperature is about 36°C.
- Each seat is different.
- The jacuzzis are completely custom-made.
Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool
With a temperature of 32°C, the swimming pool is the ideal place to relax. When swimming, you use all your muscles in an area with little resistance. Did you know that in the swimming pool, you weigh 90% less? Not much chance of getting injured!
- The swimming pool’s temperature is about 32°C.
- In cases of extreme cold, little balls float all over the pool to preserve the heat. You can still perfectly well swim in it.
- Swimming on a regular basis banishes insomnia.
Relaxation Area with Heated Loungers
It is important to take the time to cool down properly in between two sauna sessions, to take some rest, and then slowly start to warm up again. In the relaxation area next to the entrance of the swimming pool, you can find heated, stone loungers.
- The stone loungers are located at the entrance of the swimming pool.
- During winter, the stone loungers are heated.
- Other possibilities for relaxing can be found next to the Music Sauna, on the terrace, and at the heated footbath.
The terrace of the bathing suit section is divided into two parts. Around the swimming pool there are sunbeds. Closer to the castle, there is a roofed dining area. During summer, you can enjoy a snack and/or a drink here.
- In good weather, you can order a snack or drink on the terrace.
- Please refrain from reserving sunbeds or loungers with your towel or other personal objects.
- Mobile phones, tablets, computers and cameras are strictly prohibited in the entire wellness centre.
For reasons of hygiene, it is important to take regular showers during your day of wellness. A clean body can sweat better, thus expelling toxins more easily. There are several cold and hot showers at your disposal.
- It is mandatory to shower after every toilet visit.
- It is necessary to take a shower before entering the baths and after every sauna session.
- There is soap and shampoo on-site.