Join us for a deluxe breakfast buffet at Thermae Boetfort, after which you can enjoy a relaxing sauna! What better way to start the New Year?
Do you also fantasise about having a great, long-lasting tan?
Read the entire article
We reveal our secrets for a gorgeous summer tan!
- You tan more quickly close to water. The sun’s reflection in the water provides extra UV exposure. The same goes for white, so buy a white lilo or if on holiday in Greece, go sit on a terrace between the little whitewashed houses.
- Apply a good quality aftersun lotion after your shower/bath, including once you are back home from your holiday. It hydrates your skin and makes your tan last longer.
- Limit showers: Don’t shower too long and choose slightly colder water. Long, hot showers dry out your skin, so it will start to peel sooner, which means you lose your tan more quickly.
- Do enough exercise. People who exercise in the sun get a more even tan than someone who lies on their towel all day long. As you move around, your whole body is exposed more to the sun.
- Include carrots, tomatoes, mangos, sweet potatoes, Brazil nuts and oats in your diet. These contain nutrients such as betacarotene that may promote quicker tanning.
- And while you are lying by the water, have the occasional dip in the pool. A wet body tans more quickly. Obviously, don’t forget to apply a waterproof sunscreen.